Adult Volunteers (18+)
Scout groups, such as Hambledon, are run by a team of volunteers, so that each week they help young people gain skills for life through activities and adventures. Volunteering can be a brilliant way to boost your mental wellbeing. It’s a great feeling knowing you’re helping young people, and you might even learn a lot about yourself along the way.
This can either be working directly with young people doing things such as
- Welcome young people and families to sessions and events
- Make sure everyone’s safe, supported, included and having fun
- Help to plan and lead activities
- Get involved with days out, camps and expeditions
- Share and learn skills – from coding to cake decorating to canoeing
- Celebrate young people’s achievements big and small
Alternatively, you might prefer to make an impact behind the scenes, as not all volunteers work directly with young people. There are many other roles that you can help out in
- Get the best out of volunteers, using their people and leadership skills
- Spread the word about Scouts to attract new members
- Help with admin, fundraising, finances, operations or governance
- Keeping this website up to date with the latest news
- Keep everything running smoothly on the ground – from serving tea and coffee, helping to tidy up after meetings or sessions, driving or keeping meeting places in tip top condition
Your time and skills can make a difference in so many ways.
Whether you’d like to help out week-after-week or whenever-you-can, we provide training, learning opportunities and cups of tea – every step of the way.
We are particularly looking for volunteers to help with our Beaver colony of 6 to 8 year olds. Please contact us if you are interested in helping.