The Scout Association has launched a new programme for all the sections in scouting after consultation with leaders and young members.
The key themes that are embedded in the programme are:
- Outdoor and Adventure should form 50% of the programme
- Programmes will be shaped by young people in partnership with adults
- There will be a focus on teamwork and leadership skills
- Individual personal development and individual challenges will be promoted
- Community focus will be a core theme
- Progression through the sections remains a key aspect
- All young people to strive and have the opportunity to achieve the top award for the section
Whilst the new programme is available from 30th January, there is a transition period until 30th September to enable people to complete badges they have already started and give us leaders time to adjust our programme planning.
More information can be found at http://prepared.scouts.org.